☕ My Unforgettable Visit to Angelina Paris – Home of the World's Famous Hot Chocolate
During one of my trips to Paris, my wife and I were walking near the Louvre Museum when something immediately caught my attention. A remarkably long queue had formed outside a beautiful café.
Curious, I looked at the sign above the entrance. The name was Angelina.
At the time, I had no idea why so many people were willing to wait. We continued our walk, but the scene stayed in my mind.
Later that evening, after returning to the hotel, I searched for Angelina and quickly discovered why it was so popular.
Founded in 1903 by the renowned confectioner Antoine Rumpelmayer, Angelina was named after his daughter-in-law. Over more than a century, it has become one of the most famous tearooms in France, celebrated for its elegance, luxury, and exceptional pastries.
From the very beginning, Angelina became a favorite destination for the Parisian aristocracy. Famous personalities such as Marcel Proust, Coco Chanel, and many of the biggest names in fashion and culture visited its elegant salons.
After reading its fascinating history, I knew I had to experience it for myself.
The next morning, I returned to Angelina.
As soon as I stepped inside, I understood why this place had become such an icon.
The interior was stunning—elegant, warm, and timeless. Every detail reflected classic Parisian luxury.
Designed by the famous Belle Époque architect Édouard-Jean Niermans, the tearoom combines sophistication, charm, and refinement, creating a romantic atmosphere that transports visitors back to the golden age of Paris.
It truly felt like dining inside a historic palace rather than a café.
The Legendary African Hot Chocolate
Of course, I couldn't leave without trying Angelina's most famous specialty—its legendary African Hot Chocolate (L'Africain).
This signature drink is prepared using a secret recipe that blends three carefully selected African cocoas from:
- 🇳🇪 Niger
- 🇬🇭 Ghana
- 🇨🇮 Côte d'Ivoire
The unique combination of these premium cocoas gives Angelina's hot chocolate its rich texture, deep chocolate flavor, and unmistakable character.
The first sip explained everything.
It was unlike any hot chocolate I had ever tasted. Thick, smooth, intensely rich, and almost dessert-like, every spoonful felt luxurious.
It wasn't simply a drink—it was an experience.
Final Thoughts
Visiting Angelina was one of the highlights of my trip to Paris.


Comments
Post a Comment